Whether you have experienced the trauma of a fracture or the chronic pain of back, neck or hand problems, the general orthopedic surgeons on the medical staff with the Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Services at Clermont ASC can help you return to a pain-free lifestyle.
At Baylor Scott & White – Plano, we know surgery is a big decision. Our preoperative class can help ease your fears by walking you through the hospital experience so you’ll know what to expect. While staying with us, our inpatients will also appreciate the privacy and individual attention offered through PRIVATE ROOMS, room service for patients and family members, and unrestricted visitation hours.
The team of general orthopedic surgeons on the medical staff at Baylor Scott & White – Plano specializes in:
- Reducing pain from herniated discs, spinal stenosis or other spine-related injuries or conditions
- Treating ligament, cartilage or tendon injuries or arthritis in the hips, hands and other upper extremities
- Repairing fractures, such as broken limbs, collarbones or kneecaps
- Revising earlier, unsuccessful surgeries—no matter when or where the earlier procedure was performed
Specifically, the surgeons on the Baylor Scott & White – Plano medical staff perform:
- Hand and wrist surgery for congenital disorders, acquired conditions (including carpal tunnel syndrome), rheumatoid arthritis and trauma
- Discectomy to remove herniated disc fragments
- Laminectomy to ease pressure on the spine and spinal nerves, treat injuries or remove tumors.
- Laminotomy to relieve pressure on the spinal nerves
- Spinal fusion to relieve pain from spinal stenosis, herniated discs, scoliosis and other back conditions
- Fracture repair
- Rotator cuff repair
In some cases, the expertise of a total joint replacement team may be required. In other cases, sports medicine specialists may be consulted. We also work in conjunction with the Clermont ambulatory service center for the surgical treatment of scoliosis.